02-10-10 – Let There Be Light

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 02-10-10 – Let There Be Light

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 116 total)
  • Author
    olavf
    Participant

Take a picture of the tv 😉

Sorry to hear you’re not feeling well 🙁

lol that’s very tempting.

/Actually, I found something in my archives but I’m not sure if it’s good enough to use here :/
    //and thanks. I’ll get over it.

justkat
    Participant

I really wanted grapefruit power to work…. Damn no-conducting-rassafrassin fruits.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Shoulda used potatoes 😉

justkat
    Participant

Shoulda used potatoes 😉

lol we considered it. But grapefruit are there for the taking in the yard, whereas potatoes would have required a trip to the store… and we weren’t sure they would work. Besides, they aren’t as photogenic as grapefruit. =P

/*peeks over and sees olav answering your comment as well* lol

olavf
    Participant

Shoulda used potatoes 😉

We’re rice men.

/really, don’t have any potatoes in the house. We do, however, have a metric assload of grapefruit on the tree in the back yard.

Part of the problem, honestly, is that I threw stuff together at the last minute, and couldn’t find anything zinc – so I had to use zinc-plated stuff (screws). And, I didn’t really have enough surface area to allow for good current flow.

The idea will, probably, be used in a currently (pun intended) scheduled contest…

justkat
    Participant

First I’m the impersonal “Man” of “Man vs. Machine” and now I’m “rice men” too. I swear I’m a woman! My woman bits aren’t even dusty! Or would that be rusty…?

swampa
    Participant

Soosh: Those high spirals in your photos are from where you threw the dog right? 😛

/Obedient little thing coming back like that 😛

olavf
    Participant

Jeez Kat. Are we going to have to queue up Sleepless in Seattle next? 😛

justkat
    Participant

Jeez Kat. Are we going to have to queue up Sleepless in Seattle next? 😛

A simple vote of confidence would have sufficed. 😛

/hey at least I’m not like Annabel “I’ve got his balls in my purse!” 😯 hahaha
    //novelty football keychains or not, that’s not appropriate. 😕

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Kat and Olav: LOL!!! And actually, with the acids in the grapefruits, it might work pretty well with the right surface area of zinc.

clouddancer
    Participant

I’m posted. Hope ya like. Back to work. Have a few more lines to grind out before my day is done, but at least I’m comfortable as I work!

olavf
    Participant

lol Kat AFAIK he’s the only guy I know who’s balls are literally on a chain
    /yes, novelty footballs, but it’s really not that farfetched

Elsinore that’s my thinking too, but I need to buy some actual zinc strips. The paltry amount of zinc plating that I’ve been able to find locally just ain’t gonna cut it.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I’m posted. Hope ya like. Back to work. Have a few more lines to grind out before my day is done, but at least I’m comfortable as I work!

I posted in the thread, but in case you don’t see it, I just wanted to make sure that at least a couple of the foreground candles in each shot were actual candles and not just reflections (the difficulty mentioning no reflections woudln’t be an issue as long as the real candles were included int eh shot)

clouddancer
    Participant

Absolutely there were real candles in the shot. I made absolutely sure of that. Generally, it’s the front ones, or they’re most centered.

They’re some kind of oil candle thing that we were given. There are 3 of different heights. We made sure the mirrors and those were cleaned on the outside as much as possible to get the best result. ‘Twas interesting maneuvering in the bathroom to make this happen, but it did come out rather neat, I think.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yeah, without a tilt shift lens, it’s hard to get a mirror shot without yourself in it. Well done.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 116 total)
  • The topic ‘02-10-10 – Let There Be Light’ is closed to new replies.