06-24-09 – Homeless Images, Free to a Good PS’er

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 06-24-09 – Homeless Images, Free to a Good PS’er

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 142 total)
  • Author
    mopsy
    Participant

Okay, I’ve got what we need to do for “our” contest. We enter 3 photos and vote just like normal. Then we vote on the PS entries??? Do those votes go towards the individual PSers or do we get “extra credit” votes for our PS photos?

millera9
    Participant

Okay, I’ve got what we need to do for “our” contest. We enter 3 photos and vote just like normal. Then we vote on the PS entries??? Do those votes go towards the individual PSers or do we get “extra credit” votes for our PS photos?

mopsy, votes in the PS thread will go toward the PS’ers since our photos will not be the sole elements used in the ‘shops. So yes, vote in the farktography contest and then peruse the PS thread voting for the entries that you like.

NoticeablyF.A.T.
    Participant

I’ve just got one technical question. Should we provide an unwatermarked image? I always put a watermark on my pics, but I can link to on without if necessary.

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

I’ve just got one technical question. Should we provide an unwatermarked image? I always put a watermark on my pics, but I can link to on without if necessary.

My opinion only here… But if the watermark doesn’t make it difficult for the PS’er to cut something out of the photo or to add something to it, I don’t think it will matter that much. But if someone does work with your image they may very well crop the image to get rid of the watermark, pull out elements from another part of the image, cover it up with elements added to the image, or might even edit the area to get rid of it. Any of those things could happen if leaving the watermark visible would make the resulting PS look weird.

mopsy
    Participant

Thanks everyone! I think I’ve got it now! Should be fun seeing what the PSers will do to the photos!

U-Man
    Participant

Got nuthin’ so far. I really don’t have a feel for what will ‘make it’ with this theme. Y’know?

olavf
    Participant

A cat, a mudkip, and a person dancing like a lunatic, I think.

corsec67
    Participant

I have an empty garden that is just crying for something to be inserted, an engineer driving a train through a station(correctly), and my dad setting a car on fire.

lokisbong
    Participant

I think I am going with a guy flying an ultralight , a tiki torch and a vase a friend gave me.

Uranus
    Participant

Got nuthin’ so far. I really don’t have a feel for what will ‘make it’ with this theme. Y’know?

single [interesting] subject, no clutter in the background…i was thinking FISH!

linguine
    Participant

Im guessing that most people will just be voting for pictures that they think look cool and not giving any thought to whether or not the shot would be good for someone to photoshop.

bucky_bacon
    Participant

I’m just choosing my overall favorite pics that I haven’t been able to enter yet. For voting, I figure treat it like the anniversary threads or any other non-theme contest and go just on the overall picture. The theme isn’t really what is “most photoshoppable.” Really any picture is equally photoshoppable. Granted, I’m assuming that some mean to say that some are easier for cutouts, etc than others. But that’s not for me to take into account. That’s up to the ‘shoopers to deal with.

/yeah, basically what guine said.

olavf
    Participant

Yeah, that’s more or less what I’m going to do too, but with an eye towards ‘shoppable’.

I don’t have any mudkips :/

linguine
    Participant

I’m tempted to go with my 3 most lens flarey shots just to beat the photoshoppers to it.

bucky_bacon
    Participant

So of course I didn’t know what a mudkip is, and the GIS was very helpful and (to no surprise) potentially nsfw. This may be the mother of all Rule 34 ps contests.

Probably shouldn’t have said “mother.”

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 142 total)
  • The topic ‘06-24-09 – Homeless Images, Free to a Good PS’er’ is closed to new replies.