07-16-08 – Wind Beneath My Wings

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 07-16-08 – Wind Beneath My Wings

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 140 total)
  • Author
    jpatten
    Participant

I was so hoping to get some new stuff full of Awesome for this thread.. Time ran out on me and I never got back out to the airport.

swampa
    Participant

Umm one of mine is coming up as deleted due to a broken image (at 2008-07-16 08:03:46 PM – the image should be fine). Can you please fix it Elsinore?

Thanks 🙂

Uranus
    Participant

Too many, too good ! i love this one already, even though there’s no shot of bette midler jumping from a balcony in an angel outfit…..U-man, your unlucky fried kitten bucket just did me in. great stuff!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Umm one of mine is coming up as deleted due to a broken image (at 2008-07-16 08:03:46 PM – the image should be fine). Can you please fix it Elsinore?

Thanks 🙂

Yep, got it

U-Man
    Participant

This being fark, I’d lean towards funny.

Thanks for the advice. 🙂

u-man, goddamn, I love the way you think.

Thanks. I initially bought a chicken (dead, plucked, in a wrapper from the store) and was going to throw that up in the air but it just didn’t happen. I had this KFC idea on Tuesday. I think that my neighbors might consider me a bit odd. I was throwing that bucket up in the air in my front yard and shooting it at 6.5 fps.

Hey, there are 5 eagles in that smack down photo, right? Great shot. One of the best tonight.

U-man, your unlucky fried kitten bucket just did me in. great stuff!

Ha! I’ve never heard the UFK one. I like it.

U-Man
    Participant

As I said before, I spent a bit of time last week annoying a merganser. I got several nice shots and was torn up tonight on which ones to use. Here are some that I really wanted to show. They’ll just have to wait until they fit in somewhere else.

http://photos.imageevent.com/ulle17/fark/Flight_4349a.jpg

http://photos.imageevent.com/ulle17/fark/Flight_4940a.jpg

http://photos.imageevent.com/ulle17/fark/Flight_4960a.jpg

http://photos.imageevent.com/ulle17/fark/Flight_4783.jpg

FutherMucker
    Participant

I gotta’ be honest here…..The flying bucket of KFC wings posted by U-Man is questionable…While it is a great idea, and well thought out, something is not right…..An adjustment of levels could very well turn the bottom of the bucket black, but there are obvious signs of Farktography rule breakage….I have admired (and voted for) the great shots from U-Man, and always will, but this one stinks of heavy handed PS….I have nothing to gain by pointing this out, as my images are crap this week, but I have got to voice my opinion….If I’m wrong, I’ll put my foot in my mouth and try to eat it……However….What’s this graph I’m seeing ?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

That’s weird

U-Man
    Participant

Futhermucker, No harm. No foul. We’re cool.

/shadows frequently make things look darker, too.

corsec67
    Participant

And for the craziest place to submit entries into farktography contest from:

I am currently in a fire camp in Chowchilla, CA, so I will not be able to check on my entries at all until later this week.
    I didn’t have much for this contest anyways.

Good luck everyone.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I never knew they actually wrote on the bottom of those. I can’t imagine too many people actually look at the bottom of a KFC bucket…

soosh
    Participant

Hey, there are 5 eagles in that smack down photo, right? Great shot. One of the best tonight.

Yes. 2 grounded and three in the caterwaul. That was one of my best shots from 3 days of sleeping in my car and never going inside for more than 20 minutes at a time in 0 to -20?F weather.

FutherMucker
    Participant

Futhermucker, No harm. No foul. We’re cool.

Is there a particular brand of BBQ sauce that goes good with feet ? 😆

It still looks fishy to me….The shape of the bucket, and all, isn’t quite round, but you laid down the proof…..I respect you for that, and was hoping there was a good explanation…..Cheers !

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Different monitors will handle contrast, brightness and colors differently. I didn’t notice the “graphs” at all on my main monitor until you did the crop. They probably show up pretty well on my laptop monitor, though..it’s overall brighter. Also keep in mind that there’s a lip around the bottom edge of the bucket, and that will affect the shadows as well.

FutherMucker
    Participant

Yeah, it just looked funky to me. I thought the Burn tool was abused, and possibly some heavy cloning going on, as well…I call ’em as I see ’em….There’s no shame in that…..”Selective application of any digital filters, correction tools, distortion or other special effects is prohibited both in-camera and in post-processing unless otherwise allowed for a specific contest.”

I just like to see people stick to the rules…Peace out ! 8)

P.S……I still question “selective application” in this case.

I know this sounds harsh, but even the ~”BOOBIES”~ Farktographers deserve a fair chance….Yes ?

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 140 total)
  • The topic ‘07-16-08 – Wind Beneath My Wings’ is closed to new replies.