07-16-08 – Wind Beneath My Wings

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 07-16-08 – Wind Beneath My Wings

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 140 total)
  • Author
    U-Man
    Participant

The funny one does not have any kids in it. 🙂

linguine
    Participant

This being fark, I’d lean towards funny.
    And boobies or beer if you can fit them in.

justkat
    Participant

I tried to fly a kite with a stapler on it so it would look like the stapler was hang gliding.
    EPIC FAIL.
    It makes me want to move somewhere so sparsely populated I can try this crap without drawing a gaggle of people close enough to stare but still out of “could you hold this while I …” range.

D’oh! Prolly too later for a paper mache stapler… ‘sides that would be tough to make well. 😉

Just had a vision of you attaching wings to a stapler and flinging it into the air and madly snapping away…. 🙂

FutherMucker
    Participant

I was out shooting a while back, and thought I had discovered a new species around here….I was going to call it the PterodactyHawk…When I viewed them on my monitor, it was just a really, really big Turkey Vulture. My camera wasn’t set properly to shoot against the bright sky, so they didn’t turn out well…I would have been furious !

soosh
    Participant

would shots taken from airplanes while in flight, that don’t necessarily show any subject airborne (i.e., out the window), be acceptable for this?

SilverStag
    Participant

Wow, that’s a hard question to get a good read on, soosh…. My guess would be that if you were showing the wing in the shot it could be OK, but I’m not the Controlling Authority(tm) here…. 🙂

soosh
    Participant

here’s one I’m thinking of

Elsinore
    Keymaster

That really doesn’t fit my reading of the theme description, soosh. Nothing in the photo has wings. jpatten can jump in if my understanding is off base, though…

soosh
    Participant

nothing in the photo does, but the shot couldn’t be obtained without wings/being airborne.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yeah, but the difficulty specifically says the subject must have wings.

caradoc
    Participant

I almost submitted this one:

…but the wings aren’t visible. That white line that disappears behind the trees is a departure from Sky Harbor Airport in Phoenix.

And I’m betting the passengers weren’t all that happy about the wind under their wings. Or their butts.

(Yes, clicking on it will get you to the Flickr page and larger versions)

soosh
    Participant

so pictures from airplanes showing the wing are ok?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I would think that would be fair game, soosh.

Elsinore
    Keymaster
    soosh
    Participant

u-man, goddamn, I love the way you think.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 140 total)
  • The topic ‘07-16-08 – Wind Beneath My Wings’ is closed to new replies.