07-21-10 – These Foolish Games

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 07-21-10 – These Foolish Games

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 136 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Ahhhh. I remember the days when we had themes like, “Red. Take a photo with some red in it.” 🙂

LOL soooo funny and true. 😆 Of course, I remember someone who submitted a black and white school bus for the “Yellow. Take a photo with some yellow in it.” theme 😉

Yeah. I remember seeing the photo that idio…

Hey. 😛 (I just squinched up a pretend mean face at you)

hehe you know I just couldn’t resist 😉

ravnostic: I see what you’re getting at. On the other hand, the “rules” thing does help separate things out. And in my mind, Spin the Bottle definitely has rules. Dress up/pretend games or running through the sprinkler does not. Rubiks cube does, as does Quarters, Beer Pong, that peg jumping solitaire game they have on the tables at Cracker Barrel, Strip Poker, etc. Of course, Strip Poker would need to be SFW or linked to a NSFW version, but still. Games with rules helps.

sleeping
    Participant

One random thought I’ve had recently is that I think (unfortunately, as the case may be) we need to pay more attention to our theme titles and consider ways to make them as indicative of the theme description as possible.

Maybe instead we should make them so incomprehensible that people need to read the description to know what to post 😯

Elsinore
    Keymaster

One random thought I’ve had recently is that I think (unfortunately, as the case may be) we need to pay more attention to our theme titles and consider ways to make them as indicative of the theme description as possible.

Maybe instead we should make them so incomprehensible that people need to read the description to know what to post 😯

HAHAH that’s a good thought, too. I did half wonder if the themes were more “abstract” in wording, if people would bother reading the descriptions. Maybe I should look up how many DQ’s there are with more abstract theme titles vs more obvious theme titles.

ravnostic
    Participant

HAHAH that’s a good thought, too. I did half wonder if the themes were more “abstract” in wording, if people would bother reading the descriptions. Maybe I should look up how many DQ’s there are with more abstract theme titles vs more obvious theme titles.

Sure. Like you need more work. Have at it!

Look, I’ve been at it nearly 5 months, you’ve been at it 5 years. You got me by 12 fold. You know what I was going for, and you’re the moderator. Write the appropriate T/D and lets just get’er’dun.

But I don’t want dq’s for images without people visible playing the games. If the game pieces provide enough context that the game implied is obvious, I want it to be a ‘go’ (collect $200). I can accept that families in the Ozarks play ‘Spin the bottle’ and ‘Strip poker’ together[da-da-dee-dee-dee-da-dee-dee-dee…]. As a gay guy, I can’t begrudge old family habits; hell, if it weren’t for inbreed’n, I would not be here today (see my family tree for details; the kissin’ cousins start 6 generations back).

And ‘sports’, as I’m sure you understand I meant them, are definitely DQ. Football, baseball, basketball, soccer and hockey (ice or otherwise). Beyond that, I don’t think we’d see enough entries to make a difference.

**Oh, and gymnastics are okay, so long as it’s men’s gymnastics, and the tights are white, and not black. White is so much more…artistic.**

Yeah, that’s the ticket. Artistic.

Kestrana
    Participant

It’s too late to take my spin the bottle shot with the models I had lined up 🙁

ravnostic
    Participant

It’s too late to take my spin the bottle shot with the models I had lined up 🙁

Even if you can’t get Ginger and the Howells on short notice, I’m sure a shot with Gilligan, the Skipper too; the professor and MaryAnn would be just fine.

lokisbong
    Participant

I assume golf is right out?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

golf is a sport. Bowling, too, for that matter. I would guess wii golf or wii bowling would be ok, though.

lokisbong
    Participant

ok I will use it somewhere.

olavf
    Participant

GOLF IS NOT A SPORT!

(it’s a way of life 😉 )

ravnostic
    Participant

My ‘no sport’ objective was to keep out the football/baseball/basketball/soccer/and ice hockey shots. We see those images all the time in the papers. Golf, too. I wanted images we don’t see all the time. I wouldn’t object to bowling, but to keep out the other riff-raff, perhaps it’s best that way. Miniature golf I think, though, is a go. And I wouldn’t dq anyone for posting some obscure game that nobody makes money at playing anymore. Like…competitive tatting, for example. Or frisbee golf.

caradoc
    Participant

My ‘no sport’ objective was to keep out the football/baseball/basketball/soccer/and ice hockey shots. We see those images all the time in the papers. Golf, too. I wanted images we don’t see all the time.

You approved mine. Full-scale athletics, no profit, definite rules, definite winning team, and it’s not football/baseball/basketball/soccer/hockey/pro wrestling…

Should be fun, wot?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Am I going to have to go into fits of dithering over whether or not it qualifies? Please say no, please say no, please say no…

ravnostic
    Participant

Am I going to have to go into fits of dithering over whether or not it qualifies? Please say no, please say no, please say no…

No.

Let it roll (pardon the pun).

Further, …this got way too complicated. If I wanted this much drama, I’d date gay men, instead of just having sex with them.

If it’s not obviously some testosterone-injected-boy-playing-make-up/dress-up-except-it’s-not-rouge-it’s-to-keep-from-the-light-from-preventing-me-from-seeing-the-ball-and-these-tights-are-called-a-uniform-so-the-cup-and-tight-jockstrap-makes-it-okay-and-oh-by-the-way-that-pat-on-the-ass-is-TOTALLY-heterosexual-because-this-is-sports-and-that-makes-it-mas(th)culine….

…or the lesbian (I mean testosterone challenged) equivalent thereof..

then let it slide.

Sheesh. I just didn’t want ‘games’ to mean ‘sports’ for this contest. I trust your judgement on making that call.

Take it with a grain of schwetty balls. Or a high grain alcohol. Either or.

orionid
    Participant

Alrighty…. now for the last second out-of-the-box-but-probably-too-far idea. We’ve established that video games are kosher. What about IRL references to video games? Specifically: Grafitti that says “The cake is a lie” a la Portal.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 136 total)
  • The topic ‘07-21-10 – These Foolish Games’ is closed to new replies.