07-21-10 – These Foolish Games

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 07-21-10 – These Foolish Games

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 136 total)
  • Author
    orionid
    Participant

ps: it’s okay if you say no. I’m in the middle of a brainstorming session, and have other ideas.

orionid
    Participant

Also: Recreational paintball – Game or sport?

caradoc
    Participant

Dunno about the rest of you, but I’d be all for the IRL reference to a game, or the recreational paintball.

As Ravnostic said, as long as we’re not seeing pictures of “sports” that most people only watch and don’t participate in – right?

Curious
    Participant

the more i read this discussion the more i suspect my entries will tank. and the more i wonder what will end up in the contest.

on contests in general:
    1) those of us that have been here a while want the contests to get more defined so we will be stretched for our entries both technically and creatively.
    2) the rabble won’t and never have read the description.
    3) the rabble seem to have problems even following the contest theme.
    4) from the beginning the contests were meant to be inclusive.
    5) there is a paradox in this somewhere.

/rambling

ravnostic
    Participant

Alrighty…. now for the last second out-of-the-box-but-probably-too-far idea. We’ve established that video games are kosher. What about IRL references to video games? Specifically: Grafitti that says “The cake is a lie” a la Portal.

Don’t know how many people will get the reference (I wouldn’t), but I almost went with a shot of a monopoly hotel sitting so it looked like it was on the street with some real buildings. I couldn’t get the shot right. The reference is clearly to the game; go for it. Don’t get busted tagging.

Also: Recreational paintball – Game or sport?

Wearing tights? Sport. Not? Game. 😆

As Ravnostic said, as long as we’re not seeing pictures of “sports” that most people only watch and don’t participate in – right?

Yep.

the more i read this discussion the more i suspect my entries will tank. and the more i wonder what will end up in the contest.

on contests in general:
    1) those of us that have been here a while want the contests to get more defined so we will be stretched for our entries both technically and creatively.
    2) the rabble won’t and never have read the description.
    3) the rabble seem to have problems even following the contest theme.
    4) from the beginning the contests were meant to be inclusive.
    5) there is a paradox in this somewhere.

/rambling

The comment was made to me at one point that my theme suggestions were too limited; I’ve tried to broaden my suggestions accordingly. And I’ve found I like the outside-of-the-box of thought that winds up in the contests, so I agree with that point.

Rabble: Let them eat cake. Even if it’s a lie.

P.S. I’m not anti-sport; I happen to like men in tights. Just not for this theme.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

The theme description is still pretty long, but it’s revised to clarify the rules/winner stuff.

ravnostic
    Participant

How about: Games showing us how you entertain family and friends. For purposes of this theme, “games” are non-sport activities that have rules and some sort of winner. Sports, dress up, riding bikes, running through sprinklers, and similar are not part of the theme.

Takes a lot of words out, gets to the point.

orionid
    Participant

Or: Games showing us how you entertain family and friends. No spectator-sports or playtime activities that don’t have rules and objectives.

U-Man
    Participant

Holy shit. I love you guys and even I couldn’t read all of this. 🙂

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I like orionid’s fix.

ravnostic
    Participant

I like orionid’s fix.

Me too. Make it so.

mopsy
    Participant

Wow………………That’s all I have to say. And oh, bless you Elsinore for continuing to deal with this. I’m sitting here shaking my head.

oi_piss_me_off
    Participant

I just wanted to say that I discovered something about myself while taking pictures for this week’s theme, I’m the idiot in my group of friends. I locked myself out on the balcony for an hour before the locksmith was able to open my door to let me back in because I wanted to shoot outside. Worst part about the whole ordeal? I didn’t even have my camera with me while I was locked out there and I’m not going to end up using those pictures.

I hope this made someone smile or laugh.

ravnostic
    Participant

oiYes, but did your friends get any good pictures of you from inside while you were locked out? 😆 😛

oi_piss_me_off
    Participant

oiYes, but did your friends get any good pictures of you from inside while you were locked out? 😆 😛

no one is going to know about this…I can hear the laughter now…

“This is worse than the time you ‘lost’ your keys in your hoodie pouch..hahahaha”

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 136 total)
  • The topic ‘07-21-10 – These Foolish Games’ is closed to new replies.