07-21-10 – These Foolish Games

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 07-21-10 – These Foolish Games

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 136 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster
    mopsy
    Participant

Well, ravnostic, after all that clarification of your theme, you must be happy with the results. I’m surprised by all the creative picturing of family games. It’s a great thread to look through!

ravnostic
    Participant

This was the first contest ever where I felt like I might have to defend my entries. Hmmm.

Why? They fit the bill perfectly.

That topic theme bit is really, really funny!

Topic Theme Bit?

There was a mistake in the TD for a while; this week’s theme, next week’s description. It’s fixed now.

ravnostic
    Participant

Well, ravnostic, after all that clarification of your theme, you must be happy with the results. I’m surprised by all the creative picturing of family games. It’s a great thread to look through!

I’ve been working since shortly after posting; only saw one that had to be deleted (the mothra one). Hopefully there haven’t been (m)any more.

It’s a good thread; lots of creativity in the pics! 😀 Hopefully we’ll see lots more tomorrow.

I particularly like Kestrana’s Bloody Mary. Mopsy’s are very good this week (I think the jigsaw puzzle is fine; has rules (pieces must fit), objective (finish it), and it’s a nice picture to boot.)

clouddancer
    Participant

Almost glad I didn’t end up getting around to shooting new theme pictures (kind of distracted and only taking pictures of baby and 4-year-old right now anyway, but still). We don’t have many games, but the ones I thought might not be represented thus far have been (Mancala and Don’t Break The Ice, which was one of the 4-year-old’s birthday presents). Also thought of Apples to Apples, but that’s been done now too. May or may not have a usable picture of the Risk game that happened within the past few months, but it’s unlikely. Finding myself rather limited with the shots I want to take and only able to use the P&S and can’t seem to work it to get the shots I want with it.

Sorry! and cribbage are two of my favorite games of all time, though. My sister and parents like Euchre, though. I never could quite get the hang of that.

Nice pictures all around. I’m impressed. 🙂

Kestrana
    Participant

I left Bloody Mary on the mirror to startle orionid in the morning.

Kestrana
    Participant

I did wish I still had Pretty Pretty Princess, that would have been a fun picture

orionid
    Participant

I left Bloody Mary on the mirror to startle orionid in the morning.

It worked. Quite well.

U-Man
    Participant

I did wish I still had Pretty Pretty Princess, that would have been a fun picture

Apply palm to forehead. We have that game. I could totally have used the cute-kid, vote-hoor thing this week. 🙁

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Well, you still have Don’t Break the Ice and Slug Bug for your cute-kid shots 😉

U-Man
    Participant

The slug bug kids are little more than (noisy, expensive) props. I agree that there is some cuteness with the Don’t Break the Ice. But not the full fledged cuteness of a 3-year-old Pretty Pretty Princess.

/Or the silliness of a 43 y/o dad princess…

Kestrana
    Participant

Yeah I would have enlisted a bunch of Navy guys. And given them lollipops. And probably beer. Maybe it’s better I didn’t take that picture…

ravnostic
    Participant

Yeah I would have enlisted a bunch of Navy guys. And given them lollipops. And probably beer. Maybe it’s better I didn’t take that picture…

Yep. Better. But, still, I wish you had.

orionid
    Participant

HA!

olavf
    Participant

HA!

Actually, I’m surprised you didn’t break out the Acey-Deucey.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 136 total)
  • The topic ‘07-21-10 – These Foolish Games’ is closed to new replies.