10-13-10 – Fish

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 136 total)
  • Author
    orionid
    Participant

HA!

Kestrana
    Participant

Back on topic; are any of these things allowable?

Dolphins? Whales? Crustaceans/Shellfish? Octopi/Jellyfish?

olavf
    Participant

Back on topic; are any of these things allowable?

Dolphins? Whales? Crustaceans/Shellfish? Octopi/Jellyfish?

Mediocre rock bands?

orionid
    Participant

Unless Tiffopotomus shows back up, my 2 cents would be for ease of policing, fish by the taxonomic definition (which includes seahorses and eels, according to the wiki), as well as anything with “fish” in the name, shellfish, jelly fish, swedish fish, etc.

Kestrana
    Participant

I vote no tentacles but that’s just me.
    Seahorses, eels and sharks should all be allowed though.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

So the consensus seems to be no mammals (dolphins, whales), right?

clouddancer
    Participant

Unless Tiffopotomus shows back up, my 2 cents would be for ease of policing, fish by the taxonomic definition (which includes seahorses and eels, according to the wiki), as well as anything with “fish” in the name, shellfish, jelly fish, swedish fish, etc.

Goldfish?

“I love goldfishes because they’re so delicious. Gone gold fishin'”

Sorry. Had to. Was thinking about goin’ gold fishin’ anyway for this. Realized we also have a hatchery or something pretty much next door, so might exploit that, too.

Kestrana
    Participant

So the consensus seems to be no mammals (dolphins, whales), right?

Well they’re not fish so I figured they were right out.

Tacky
    Participant

So, stupid question here :oops:, would mosaic fish and/or bronze fountain fish count?

orionid
    Participant

So, stupid question here :oops:, would mosaic fish and/or bronze fountain fish count?

No reason not to. They might not be “real” but they’re still fish, just like all the teddy bears that got used for “lions, tigers, and bears” etc.

Tacky
    Participant

No reason not to. They might not be “real” but they’re still fish, just like all the teddy bears that got used for “lions, tigers, and bears” etc.

Okay, and thank you ^_^

Curious
    Participant

The nearest aquarium is 90 miles away. So, I have to go with alternate plans. And, a little luck 😛

the nearest aquarium is in new orleans and it’s ok but (to my mind) darned expensive. the best one for price and variety was at point cadet in biloxi but katrina wiped it out and it wasn’t been rebuilt. damn shame that.

i do have some good shots of fish store aquariums but i’ll have to find the negatives and scan them. they were shot in the mid 70s. fortunately i have contact sheets of all that stuff.

olavf
    Participant

The nearest to us is San Francisco – around 90 miles. Monterey is awesome, but that’s a day trip at a minimum away. And an expensive proposition if you’re going to take two adults and three kids 😛

We have a fish hatchery nearby, and got some okay stuff from there between the two of us, and I’m sure I can get some AWESOME shots there – in November, when the salmon are running…. So my shots are going to be pure win, or pure fail.

ravnostic
    Participant

I’m thinking Bass Pro Shops, myself. It’s easy, it’s close, and they have an aquarium or three.

olavf
    Participant

I’m not going to say what I’m thinking, because the difficulty factor is kinda high, and I don’t know if I can pull it off still. And I don’t want to ruin the surprise if I can 😛

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 136 total)
  • The topic ‘10-13-10 – Fish’ is closed to new replies.