10-21-09 – Music

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 113 total)
  • Author
    olavf
    Participant

I love that video.

Weird how pic ideas come up though, isn’t it? I’d posted a note on FB earlier this week musing about a prop that I’m trying to find for an upcoming contest that’s going to require some planning, and probably multiple takes, and one of my friends made a comment, that led me to have an idea for this contest.

Bonus: snared another Farktographer into posting 😀

U-Man
    Participant

millera9, that is so cool. Never seen it before, Thanks.

Life has been in the way of my checking this thread out. Reading it confirms my suspicion that you guys are all a bunch of huge farking geeks. Wow. It feels so good to fit in. *sniff* …something in my eye…

I have absolutly ZERO musical talent. My kids make fun of the way I “sing”. I went to a liberal arts college and had to get like 8 or 10 credit hours in artsy fartsy things. Took Piano 101. Had to memorize “Greensleeves” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5ItNxpwChE because I never learned to actually READ music. I practiced and practiced on the piano in the dorm basement until some guy who was trying to study came in and told me I sucked and would I please stop. 🙂

I got nothing yet. The 12 year old across the street plays a drum kit. I might ask if I can take some pics of him.

I assume something like an album cover is NOT the direction this theme is going. Right? I mean, we want actual musical stuff. Right?

QueenBee
    Participant

yay band geeks! I played clarinet for about 10 yrs. 4 years of marching band (which I still miss). One year of baritone horn. Bass clarinet for 5 years. Piano for about 6 yrs (i had to get rid of my piano a couple yrs ago due to my asshole ex. ill never forgive him for that..) church choir for 4 yrs. school choir for 1 (only yr i could fit it in) 3 musicals. I have an electric guitar sitting here while I sadly do not know how to play. I’m the kind of girl you catch singing along with the muzak in the grocery store 😛
    So ummm..I’m totally digging this theme 🙂 I’m just trying to narrow down my pics 🙂 cant wait to see what everyone else comes up with!

nobigdeal
    Participant

millera9, that is so cool. Never seen it before, Thanks.

Life has been in the way of my checking this thread out. Reading it confirms my suspicion that you guys are all a bunch of huge farking geeks. Wow. It feels so good to fit in. *sniff* …something in my eye…

I have absolutly ZERO musical talent. My kids make fun of the way I “sing”. I went to a liberal arts college and had to get like 8 or 10 credit hours in artsy fartsy things. Took Piano 101. Had to memorize “Greensleeves” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5ItNxpwChE because I never learned to actually READ music. I practiced and practiced on the piano in the dorm basement until some guy who was trying to study came in and told me I sucked and would I please stop. 🙂

I got nothing yet. The 12 year old across the street plays a drum kit. I might ask if I can take some pics of him.

I assume something like an album cover is NOT the direction this theme is going. Right? I mean, we want actual musical stuff. Right?

Performers, instruments, playback devices, written compositions…. Photograph music.
    Records, CD’s, cassettes, work for me. Along with stereos and such.

Kestrana
    Participant

Mmmm musicals. Pit Orchestra was the best, most fun ensemble ever.

orionid
    Participant

What NBD said. Plus, I woldn’t expect to see a straight shot of an album cover coming from you. You’ll think of something.

olavf
    Participant

Mmmm musicals. Pit Orchestra was the best, most fun ensemble ever.

now, if it were a mosh pit orchestra…

orionid
    Participant

now, if it were a mosh pit orchestra…

I forgot I have mosh pit photos somewhere from all those kodak disposables I used to sneak into concerts.

clouddancer
    Participant

Question, if we have in the picture a composition that we have written, how much of it should be blurred out or anything? I have one I’m thinking of placing with my guitar, and I wrote the piece in college, so about 2002 or 2003. I never sent it in for formal copyright, but I wrote the lyrics and I wrote the melody/chords to go with it, the latter part something I intended to do but used for a course assignment. Given that it’s not formally copywritten, but I am the one who wrote it, what would I have to worry about if I showed some or part of it in a picture? And there’d be no question about readability, I printed it off using Finale, so it’s clear.

Any suggestions, comments, etc? Thanks.

olavf
    Participant

I’d consider a cover page w/title, and fanning out the composition so that only the clef and some of the notes on each page are shown? That could give a similar effect without releasing any of your IP

victori78
    Participant

FYI: you snared at least one more, starting with this contest. I have my first three farktography pics ever, ready to go!

I played flute since 2nd grade, piccolo from 7th grade on, and I’m not too shabby on the piano, alto sax, and clarinet. Now I’m teaching myself to play guitar.

Never could quite figure out the brass instruments, although my dad and sister played trombone and my bro played trumpet. Mom played clarinet. We all sing. Could’ve been the von Trapp family 🙂

thepostess
    Participant

Ok–my camera has a monochrome setting called Cyanotype (Nikon d80), which in essence makes what would be b/w pics with a blue hue instead. It can be subtle like B/w or quite blue. Is this acceptable?

linguine
    Participant

Ok–my camera has a monochrome setting called Cyanotype (Nikon d80), which in essence makes what would be b/w pics with a blue hue instead. It can be subtle like B/w or quite blue. Is this acceptable?

Sepia is allowed so I believe this would be allowed too.

linguine
    Participant

FYI: you snared at least one more, starting with this contest. I have my first three farktography pics ever, ready to go!

I played flute since 2nd grade, piccolo from 7th grade on, and I’m not too shabby on the piano, alto sax, and clarinet. Now I’m teaching myself to play guitar.

Never could quite figure out the brass instruments, although my dad and sister played trombone and my bro played trumpet. Mom played clarinet. We all sing. Could’ve been the von Trapp family 🙂

Welcome, some advice with the number of band geeks around here you may not want to draw attention to the fact that you played piccillo though. *shudders at the thought of tuning piccillos*

olavf
    Participant

Cool 😀 Welcome to the addiction, and have fun!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 113 total)
  • The topic ‘10-21-09 – Music’ is closed to new replies.