10-21-09 – Music

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 113 total)
  • Author
    Kestrana
    Participant

Bonus: snared another Farktographer into posting 😀

FYI: you snared at least one more, starting with this contest. I have my first three farktography pics ever, ready to go!

I played flute since 2nd grade, piccolo from 7th grade on, and I’m not too shabby on the piano, alto sax, and clarinet. Now I’m teaching myself to play guitar.

Never could quite figure out the brass instruments, although my dad and sister played trombone and my bro played trumpet. Mom played clarinet. We all sing. Could’ve been the von Trapp family 🙂

Welcome, some advice with the number of band geeks around here you may not want to draw attention to the fact that you played piccillo though. *shudders at the thought of tuning piccillos*

🙁 all my pictures this week are of my piccolo.

clouddancer
    Participant

I like piccolos. I do agree with my Dad though, only one at a time in a performance as if they’re out of tune with each other it’s really noticeable.

Speaking of piccolos, I got to hear and play a piccolo trumpet once. That was just plain weird….

I’m not thoroughly pleased with my pictures so far, but I have a couple of choices that should work. I decided to use the lights I got in my photo tent kit to help with lighting, and one wiggled out of place and slipped to the floor and the filament in the bulb busted. I felt like such a ‘tard for that. Hubby got the bulb out, determined the cause and found out that the bulbs aren’t all that expensive to replace, nor are that hard to find. Just has to wait for Friday (pay day).

U-Man
    Participant

I was talking to Mopsy yesterday and she says she got a coworker/friend to join as well. Good stuff.

I have been focused other directions than this theme. I’ve taken a bunch of pics recently, just hardly anything musical. I tried to take some of the young drummer across the street but I’m not satisfied with the result. Might enter it anyway. I took this one at my daughter’s choral thing last week. I really just took it ’cause I was so damn impressed with the hair/hat that kid has. That is an awesomely bad hairdo. Should I enter that one? 🙂

http://photos.imageevent.com/ulle17/fark/Teen-Hair_6847.jpg

olavf
    Participant

http://photos.imageevent.com/ulle17/fark/Teen-Hair_6847.jpg

All hail Lord Helmet!

It’s subtle, but funny as hell.
    /my subtle pics never do so well FWIW

lokisbong
    Participant

I don’t have a thing for this one. well maybe some slightly blurry shots of a local band playing to almost no one. I don’t think gimp could sharpen them up enough to make it worth posting . kinda sucks that my little trucks clutch is currently as broke as I am. Or I could get the twenty miles out to my mom n dads place. They have a piano and at least one guitar and my nephew lives there and I guarantee he has guitar hero…
    / ducks

victori78
    Participant

Welcome, some advice with the number of band geeks around here you may not want to draw attention to the fact that you played piccillo though. *shudders at the thought of tuning piccillos*

I always wound up using a practice room to tune mine. You can’t tune quietly on notes that high, always made me self-conscious.

And I’m with clouddancer: one at a time! Kes, it’s all yours 😀

corsec67
    Participant

I am going to enter a picture of what I would argue is the manliest instrument ever. Unfortunately I was too busy using a cannon to use a Canon. (That and I only had a Panasonic and Fujifilm camera on me)

And then another of my entries was a picture of the day for the Spanish Wikipedia, but that means absolutely nothing here.

staplermofo
    Participant

This thread is bringing back traumatizing memories of Musix! Fight.

I get the feeling I’ll do as well as they did.

linguine
    Participant

I always wound up using a practice room to tune mine. You can’t tune quietly on notes that high, always made me self-conscious.

And I’m with clouddancer: one at a time! Kes, it’s all yours 😀

My favorite memory of piccillos was when 2 of them were trying to tune and after several minutes of pain people started realizing that someone was whistling just out of tune just to piss everyone off.

eire_irie
    Participant
    Elsinore wrote:
    Ahhh finally another female trumpet player! From 8th grade through college, I was the only one.
    Man, I have lots of good band geek memories. For the non-band geeks, yes, we were as perverted as you’ve heard….or worse.

OMG!! another brassy girl here 😆
    I played trumpet/coronet from about the age of 6 – picked up my brother’s. Played Jazz band, went to camp, all that stuff. Switched to trombone in high scholl then left high school – that’s another story :0)

I play blues harp in the car- badly. mostly so I don’t smoke.
    I’ve got a beautiful mandolin wasting away on a shelf. I’ve got to make time for it. But as usual torn between farktog., photoshop and commuting

eire_irie
    Participant
    corsec67 wrote:
    And then another of my entries was a picture of the day for the Spanish Wikipedia, but that means absolutely nothing here.

?Que?

3Horn
    Participant

I should probably know this by now, but what’s the rule on B&W conversions? A lot of the stuff I shoot (usually burlesque, but a band in this case), makes heavy use of red spots, which make for crappy color, but really nice B&W.

I know the rules say to avoid using selective coloring, but what about the entire image?

U-Man
    Participant

Conversion of the whole image to B&W is entirely OK. Anything done selectively to the the image gets you on thin ice. Color pop is right out. Clone stamp for filter dust is OK. Clone stamp for a big forehead zit is not OK.

Right folks?

linguine
    Participant

Conversion of the whole image to B&W is entirely OK. Anything done selectively to the the image gets you on thin ice. Color pop is right out. Clone stamp for filter dust is OK. Clone stamp for a big forehead zit is not OK.

Right folks?

Cleaning up the zit would be ok.

Curious
    Participant

Right folks?

Cleaning up the zit would be ok.

you sure of that? seems sort of slippery slope to me.

/am well know for being anal about “the rules”

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 113 total)
  • The topic ‘10-21-09 – Music’ is closed to new replies.