12-01-10 – The Song Remains the Same

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 12-01-10 – The Song Remains the Same

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 184 total)
  • Author
    sleeping
    Participant

I’ve had a couple of ideas lately that would’ve been enhanced by smoke but I wasn’t sure how to go about it. Any pointers you’d like to share on generating and photographing a good smoke wisp?

Cheat: http://photojojo.com/store/awesomeness/smoke-drops/

(I’ve been tempted by that stuff, but it’s kind of pricy…)

Elsinore
    Keymaster

ohhhh I forgot about that stuff

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Thanks for the tips!

And yeah, that does seem kinda pricey for 5-10 minutes of smoke. I wonder if dry ice would work?

ravnostic
    Participant

Thanks for the tips!

And yeah, that does seem kinda pricey for 5-10 minutes of smoke. I wonder if dry ice would work?

I had some opportunity to work with dry ice and my camera, results were less than spectacular.

LeicaLens
    Participant

Anyone else having a problem with Flickr?
    When I click on the “share this” tab, I get nothing. No idea how to post a picture from Flickr. Any other good hosts?
    Is imageshack still going?

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

LeicaLens, try imgur.com. That’s what I used before moving to my own host and it worked great for me.

There’s also min.us. A newcomer – Haven’t used them but they’re getting somewhat popular on reddit.

lokisbong
    Participant

I had no problems earlier when I set up my entries. But that was like 4 this afternoon. Gotsta love the fark test page thingy.

LeicaLens
    Participant

LeicaLens, try imgur.com. That’s what I used before moving to my own host and it worked great for me.

There’s also min.us. A newcomer – Haven’t used them but they’re getting somewhat popular on reddit.

Thanks. I did one on Imageshack and one on imgur (I had forgotten about imgur; I think they’re better than imageshack now).

And a b-side:
    http://imgur.com/vJdgl

LeicaLens
    Participant

I had no problems earlier when I set up my entries. But that was like 4 this afternoon. Gotsta love the fark test page thingy.

The problem is that I can’t seem to navigate the Flickr site all that well. Some tabs work, some don’t. The “Share this” tab and “Actions” tab don’t work. The “Newer” and “Older” tabs on the photostream work. I have NoScript enabled for the site, too.
    Must be because I touch myself at night.

olavf
    Participant

olavf: Nice beer selection, one of my favs. And forty’s not that bad, really. Now FIFTY, them dude’s is old! 🙂 (which I can only say in jest for a short coupla more years)

Newcastle’s definitely one of my go-to beers. At least until I figure out how to get draught ale at the house. If I could figure out how to make an analog of Fuller’s London Pride….

And, yeah, I was looking in the mirror the other day, though, and pondering the amount of grey, and thinking about all the stuff I’ve wanted to do, etc. I know there’s time for some of it, but time is slipping away 😕

/gotta say, though, I’m proud of that self-portrait. In a lot of ways, one of the best I’ve done.

LeicaLens
    Participant

If I could figure out how to make an analog of Fuller’s London Pride….

If you like British bitters, then try to get hold of Black Sheep and Timothy Taylor’s Landlord (they might be available in bottles in the States).
    Black Sheep is very quaffable, whereas Landlord is more of a sipping beer I find. Put it another way, two pints of Landlord is pretty much dinner.
    Also Jennings Ale is good, though that might be even harder to find.

ravnostic
    Participant

de Selb wrote “Call me a wet blanket, but normally these farktography contests are full of excellent photographs.

Normally.”

Well, how rude! This was a most challenging contest and I think everyone’s done rather well at getting the shots. Party pooper.

Uranus
    Participant

de Selb wrote “Call me a wet blanket, but normally these farktography contests are full of excellent photographs.

Normally.”

Well, how rude! This was a most challenging contest and I think everyone’s done rather well at getting the shots. Party pooper.

but now we know of at least one reason the votes sometimes go haywire…

U-man : Your v2.0 is the cutest thing. got the pose just right, too! love it!

NBD : best use of a Reader’s Digest book is indeed to take us towards Cannibal Corpse ! thanks for that…. 😉

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Normally.”

That post is gone now.

SilverStag
    Participant

That post is gone now.

Good Riddance! Woulda been gone last night if I had the Wand of Deletion.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 184 total)
  • The topic ‘12-01-10 – The Song Remains the Same’ is closed to new replies.