12-02-09 – Win, Fail, or

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 12-02-09 – Win, Fail, or

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 125 total)
  • Author
    justkat
    Participant

Oh, and I totally recognize that it was my bad. I mean the words were there the whole time. Just didn’t read them. 😳

Better than me. I read it and still got it wrong. 😛 I claim brain melt. But I finished writing my novel today! *brain dribbles out of ears* 😯

linguine
    Participant

Better than me. I read it and still got it wrong. 😛 I claim brain melt. But I finished writing my novel today! *brain dribbles out of ears* 😯

Congrats on finishing the novel. Any sneak peaks for your wonderful farktography buddies?

olavf
    Participant

She hasn’t even let *me* see it yet 😛

thepostess
    Participant

She hasn’t even let *me* see it yet 😛

You don’t count… 🙄

olavf
    Participant

Gee…thanks….

😉

Kestrana
    Participant

Well the title at least sounds cool.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I don’t know how you NaNoWriMo folks do it…10-20 page papers were no big deal to me, and my master’s thesis was 50 pages. But 50k words in a month is beyond my comprehension, so my hats off to you, Kat!

QueenBee
    Participant

It seems like two of my photos/entries have disappeared since last night. Since Kat was kind of enough to post them for me, I can’t see it they were deleted for some reason. Could someone (Elsinore maybe?) let me know if there was an issue and should they be reposted? Thanks!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Got ’em. Looks like the FAP 1 fail image is 190k, so it’s probably hitting that fuzzy 200k file size limit and may break again. The beer fail is only 109k, though, so hopefully it’ll stick.

QueenBee
    Participant

Thanks! much appreciated! 🙂

QueenBee
    Participant

annnd the one is gone again. I just found I could resize it in the album where it’s posted so I made it smaller. Can you work your magic so it comes back? Hopefully it should stay now. Sorry to be such a pest!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Restored it, though it still shows as 190k for me. Might just be cached, though.

justkat
    Participant

Congrats on finishing the novel. Any sneak peaks for your wonderful farktography buddies?

😳

This is the excerpt I posted at nanowrimo.org … I’m not sure what else to show y’all… it’s 65K+ words, after all, and hasn’t been edited yet. I think it’s got some potential, but….

This scene takes place the morning after the first crisis-point in the story. And for the purposes of better understanding, the narrator is a guy named Joe. I didn’t really want to write in first person, but he insisted. 😛

I sipped my coffee and stared blankly out the kitchen windows. Blankly was a good word for it. The fog was so thick you couldn’t see the other side of the street at this elevation. I felt isolated in a world of weirdness. Almost against my will, my eyes slid to the bar between the kitchen and the living room where I could see the tops of a few fairy heads and the entire upper half of Amaleen as she dusted Molly’s crystal critter collection. It was then that I noticed Becky sitting at the feet of the crystal fairy. She was staring up at the arrogant expression on the crystal face, her own expression almost rapt. Suddenly Amaleen’s duster came down on crystal and live fairy alike.

Becky exploded with rage. ?You mewling spur-galled vassal! Watch yourself or I’ll bite you, I swear by air and fire.?

I wondered what her insult was supposed to mean, and even more why someone should be afraid of the bite of a creature as small as she.

Amaleen did not appear either frightened by the threat or sorry for her transgression. ?Don’t get in the way of my work, then, you ill-tempered owl-fodder.?

Clearly these fairies weren’t all peace and love and rainbows like the children’s books would have one believe. At least Amaleen’s insult made a little sense to me.

I turned my eyes back to the kitchen and found that Molly had been watching me watch the fairies. ?We have got to get that portal fixed. This is a disaster waiting to happen.?

It was? It seemed to me it was a disaster that had already happened.
    ?And you don’t know how?? I asked

?No. I don’t know why it broke. This hasn’t happened to me before. I didn’t know it could.? She looked deeply troubled.

Oh, and for the record, my darling husband also hasn’t asked to read any of it. (though I have shown him the odd paragraph here and there, if I was particularly pleased with how I phrased it… or particularly amused with how I fucked it up lol)

justkat
    Participant

annnd the one is gone again. I just found I could resize it in the album where it’s posted so I made it smaller. Can you work your magic so it comes back? Hopefully it should stay now. Sorry to be such a pest!

I haven’t had any trouble seeing your pictures, FWIW.

justkat
    Participant

For what it’s worth, here is how I got the hamster in her exercise ball rolling off the first step.

Glad you cleared up that there were no fluffy defenseless aminals endangered in the making of that photograph. 😉

Naw, really, I liked seeing the set-up. I really enjoy it when you show us how you pulled off a wild or impossible looking shot. 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 125 total)
  • The topic ‘12-02-09 – Win, Fail, or’ is closed to new replies.