01-12-11 – Five is Right Out

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 01-12-11 – Five is Right Out

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 157 total)
  • Author
    QueenMab
    Participant

i now have 3 and never used my original idea. two use the original items but while looking for their “pond” i found three other thing to make a group of. so once again the voters have a chance to tell me i failed 🙂

I noticed that no one ever really fails here. I’m usually impressed by everything, even if it’s for very different reasons. 🙂

Curious
    Participant

i now have 3 and never used my original idea. two use the original items but while looking for their “pond” i found three other thing to make a group of. so once again the voters have a chance to tell me i failed 🙂

I noticed that no one ever really fails here. I’m usually impressed by everything, even if it’s for very different reasons. 🙂

well by “not failing” you mean getting 158th place. 🙂 a while back i got three votes. and know two folks who vote for me regularly.

but i’ve had a few successes and enjoy entering so it’s all good.

harpo
    Participant

I almost never shoot specifically for a theme. I just mine the archives for something that fits. But it turns out I never take pictures of things in 3’s. There’s only 3 pics I’ve ever taken that even come close to fitting the theme. I wonder why that is.
    It almost feels like I should sit this one out, but what the hell, I’ll use the 3 I have.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

I started out that way (exclusively archive diving), but I’ve been trying to do at least one new for the past few weeks, just because it forces me to use the camera which would otherwise just be sitting there waiting for the next vacation or special event.

I’ve got two new and one archive this week. I like ’em OK, but I really haven’t a clue whether the voters will. This week may be the end of my streak.

olavf
    Participant

I’ve got two new, and I’m debating archiving for a third still. I don’t want to post three just for the sake of posting three (and I suspect I don’t have anything in there as strong as my new ones)

harpo I hardly ever do either, with the exception of the kids. And, my favorite ‘three’ archive shot is one I used in ‘Have a Seat’. I thought of plenty of things to do in pairs, and a couple of fives, but that’s right out.

CauseISaidSo I have a feeling I’m going to do spectacular this week. Problem is that I don’t know if it’s going to be a spectacular win, or a spectacular fail yet 😉

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

LOL! Here’s hoping it’s the former and not the latter, olavf.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

I noticed that no one ever really fails here.

You might wanna take a look at my performance during Macro Bugs. My best was 124th and my worst was 168th with one vote (and that was mine :(). Talk about a stats killer…

Uranus
    Participant

and for the first time ever I have bees:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/discover_uranus/5350654896/in/photostream/
    did torches last week…

3 Impala

caradoc
    Participant

They seem to have fixed my Fark issues right on time.

Elsinore
    Keymaster
    Kestrana
    Participant

Not sure if it’s Flickr or my links but if you could delete the entries with the errors, I’m reposting the lilies and giraffes.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Those are both nice bees, Uranus. Looking forward to seeing your A’s.

olavf
    Participant

LOL! Here’s hoping it’s the former and not the latter, olavf.

Heh. No doubt.

Still debating throwing in my one ‘B’…
    http://www.follandfamily.com/TF/farktography/110112.threes/firex3-7242_sm_web.JPG

SilverStag
    Participant

I already love the photos we are getting this week!

caradoc
    Participant

Caradoc: Looks like posting is fixx0red for you?

Yep. Thanks for poking at them.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 157 total)
  • The topic ‘01-12-11 – Five is Right Out’ is closed to new replies.