01-12-11 – Five is Right Out

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 01-12-11 – Five is Right Out

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 157 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

They seem to have fixed my Fark issues right on time.

w00t!

Uranus
    Participant

Those are both nice bees, Uranus. Looking forward to seeing your A’s.

Thanks….I suspect the A’s will do as they usually do.

ravnostic
    Participant

I’m super-glad I didn’t use my “5 is right out” picture for this–every else who did it had MUCH better props and pictures!!

orionid
    Participant

Olavf, now I see why you said goddammitsomuch on facebook.

Uranus
    Participant

am I the only one not getting oi_piss_me_off ‘s shots?

olavf
    Participant

Olavf, now I see why you said goddammitsomuch on facebook.

I figured you’d already figured out why… You and I seem to have a history of like-minded entries 😉

They’re different enough that I didn’t worry about it though. (Besides, those ornaments took me the better part of the evening to make, not to mention Kat’s work on the dummy pages. I’d just finished post-process and kicked over to FB when you posted that lol)

olavf
    Participant

They look like travel brochure shots 😛

Kestrana
    Participant

I think he’s right out… 😉
    Maybe he thought Travel Brochure was today, or he read the theme as “post 3 different pictures of a similar subject”

Elsinore
    Keymaster

He shot each of the three branches of the United States government. However, his three subjects are in separate photos, not combined. Looking at the theme wording, it just says shoot three subjects, not that each photo has to have three subjects, partly a consequence of having to pare down the wording to fit the field.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Sooo yeah…..

Uranus
    Participant

He shot each of the three branches of the United States government. However, his three subjects are in separate photos, not combined. Looking at the theme wording, it just says shoot three subjects, not that each photo has to have three subjects, partly a consequence of having to pare down the wording to fit the field.

Ah! I am enlightened.

/Foreigner

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I’m sorry, SilverStag…the damn field couldn’t be enlarged any further, so I couldn’t get that last bit of “Photograph groups of three” in the description. I was afraid this would come back to haunt the thread… 😳

Pope_Larry_II
    Participant

I think it’s very clever. It took me a bit to get it too.

orionid
    Participant

Sooo yeah…..

I’m half willing to say let it stand, and let the voters figure it out, but….

Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then trippest thou thy Holy Shutter release towards thy subjects, who, being focused in your sight, shall be recorded.”

I still read that as three subjects, one image.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Oh, it’s clever. And considering I was unable to fit “Photograph groups of three” in the description as originally intended, it stands. I just know that’s not what SilverStag had in mind with the theme.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 157 total)
  • The topic ‘01-12-11 – Five is Right Out’ is closed to new replies.