02-16-11 – Farktography Classic: Software Hootennany 2

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 02-16-11 – Farktography Classic: Software Hootennany 2

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 111 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Actually, orionid answered better than I 😆

olavf
    Participant

Okay, now it’s my turn for silly questions. Elsinore you mentioned that canned textures are probably over the line, but by that, you’re referring to using an image or a shape to ‘wrap’ the picture around – like if you were to mold a picture onto a sphere, or someone’s face, for example – and not brush-type filters. Am I correct in this?

I can link one of the shots I’m planning on using if I’m not being clear.

linguine
    Participant

Okay, now it’s my turn for silly questions. Elsinore you mentioned that canned textures are probably over the line, but by that, you’re referring to using an image or a shape to ‘wrap’ the picture around – like if you were to mold a picture onto a sphere, or someone’s face, for example – and not brush-type filters. Am I correct in this?

I can link one of the shots I’m planning on using if I’m not being clear.

Im not sure if Im happy you reminded me with this that I had another picture I may use for tonight that I forgot about or mad that I now have another picture I have cut down from to get down to 3.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I’m actually heading out the door for dinner and a meeting, but wrapping/warping your own image into a shape should be fine. I guess what I’m getting at is using someone else’s picture elements to create textures/brushes that you then use on top of your own image. If it’s just something like adding a “grunge” texture that’s canned from PS, I’m not as concerned about that. But specifying parts of someone else’s picture to use to enhance your own is beyond that, to my way of thinking.

olavf
    Participant

Im not sure if Im happy you reminded me with this that I had another picture I may use for tonight that I forgot about or mad that I now have another picture I have cut down from to get down to 3.

LOL. Well, unless I get some sudden inspiration tonight, I’ll have two, but I think they’re pretty decent (particularly since I’ve got at least three hours into each one). And, ironically, I’ve taken both shots within the last week.

I’m actually heading out the door for dinner and a meeting, but wrapping/warping your own image into a shape should be fine. I guess what I’m getting at is using someone else’s picture elements to create textures/brushes that you then use on top of your own image. If it’s just something like adding a “grunge” texture that’s canned from PS, I’m not as concerned about that. But specifying parts of someone else’s picture to use to enhance your own is beyond that, to my way of thinking.

Okay, I can totally buy into that. My paranoid brain was just telling me that one of my shots was no good, so I thought I’d ask 😛

Elsinore
    Keymaster

w00t–meeting was blissfully short. Glad that helped clear things up for you and hope that made sense to others as well!

orionid
    Participant

So there I was, about ten minutes ago, applying a topaz adjust layer to one of my shots. And I says to myself “Damn. That’s awesome. But definitely WAAAY too software-intensive.”

I facepalmed only a split-second before hitting “undo”

olavf
    Participant

Why not? I’ve done similar things with fake HDR in the past. Or am I missing something?

/I had to go and look it up

nobigdeal
    Participant

Crap…It’s Wednesday already… off to the archives 🙁

ravnostic
    Participant

I’d post my b’s, but I just finished my last shot for the contest and I don’t have time to resize and such. Later, maybe.

ennuipoet
    Participant

Linguine: I bow to your Heamerness! I miss those shops!

It’s early, but the HDR’s aren’t that popular! A lot you dug into the filter kit, good for you! Lovely things in the thread. I might have done something along those lines, but I’ve been sitting on these three HDR’s for months waiting for the chance to use them.

ETA: U-Man your yellow highlighter pic is well…I found some strange moisture in my eye…must be my contacts.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yeah, I’m not so sure about entering my HDR. Honestly, it may be too subtle. You guys really kicked it up a notch for this one!

Contest linky: http://www.fark.com/comments/5966460/Theme-of-Farktography-Contest-No-302-Farktography-Classic-Software-Hootenanny-2-Details-rules-in-first-post-LGT-next-weeks-contest?startid=67001252

olavf
    Participant

LOL. You and I had the same idea, Els. Great minds think alike…

orionid
    Participant

I’d been sitting on about 30 HDR’s to choose from for the last five months. Yesterday, I decided I was going to go beyond HDR because I figured most of the field would be HDR.

Then I made a simple little discovery while googling “CS4 kaleidoscope filter”

Elsinore
    Keymaster

olav: lol Yeah, I’d done those awhile back and originally intended to use them for last year’s Hootenanny but didn’t end up using them.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 111 total)
  • The topic ‘02-16-11 – Farktography Classic: Software Hootennany 2’ is closed to new replies.