The Hopper: Themes to be Scheduled

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Themes The Hopper: Themes to be Scheduled

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 217 total)
  • Author
    linguine
    Participant

I noticed contest #250 is in 9 weeks. Are we going to do something special to commemorate the big number?

If you had any ideas around the number 250 I think that would be fun, but I’d vote for avoiding anything like a best of contest because the 5th anniversary won’t be too far behind. I was thinking that with this being the 5th anniversary it might be fun to make this anniversary contest a little different and allow people to enter any photo they’ve used in farktography regardless of when they used it and it might also be fun to allow people to go back and re-edit photos this time so that you can go back and use tools that you didn’t know about when the photo was edited the first time.

lokisbong
    Participant

I noticed contest #250 is in 9 weeks. Are we going to do something special to commemorate the big number?

If you had any ideas around the number 250 I think that would be fun, but I’d vote for avoiding anything like a best of contest because the 5th anniversary won’t be too far behind. I was thinking that with this being the 5th anniversary it might be fun to make this anniversary contest a little different and allow people to enter any photo they’ve used in farktography regardless of when they used it and it might also be fun to allow people to go back and re-edit photos this time so that you can go back and use tools that you didn’t know about when the photo was edited the first time.

I like those suggestions.

orionid
    Participant

What they said.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I like the idea, too. Would people be able to enter any photo ever entered, including ones they’ve entered to other anniversary themes (and thus entered more than twice) before?

linguine
    Participant

I like the idea, too. Would people be able to enter any photo ever entered, including ones they’ve entered to other anniversary themes (and thus entered more than twice) before?

I’d be fine with that.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Ok, we can do something like that with the 5th Anniversary. Damn..has it really been 5 years??

On a related note, I just scheduled us up through contest #247, so if you guys are wanting to do something for #250, let’s figure that out soon.

SilverStag
    Participant

Ok, we can do something like that with the 5th Anniversary. Damn..has it really been 5 years??

On a related note, I just scheduled us up through contest #247, so if you guys are wanting to do something for #250, let’s figure that out soon.

A quarter of a grand?

What associations with Quarter or 250 can we make?

Kestrana
    Participant

Well with 25th Wedding anniversary it’s Silver Anniversary and the Iris is the flower.
    Semiquincentennial and Bicenquinquagenary are the technical terms for a 250 year anniversary.

orionid
    Participant

250 is an insult meaning you’re stupid in chinese. So I’ve heard. Something along the lines of they used to bundle coins in groups of 1000, so to say someone has 250 coins is like saying they’re not playing with a full deck.

Maybe breaking it up? One photo featuring each of the numbers 2, 5, and 0, whether it be the actual number, or that number of objects.

Kestrana
    Participant

Since orionid suggested the numbers theme and it has gotten some support, why not do as he’s suggested above for 250th contest?

lokisbong
    Participant

250 is an insult meaning you’re stupid in chinese. So I’ve heard. Something along the lines of they used to bundle coins in groups of 1000, so to say someone has 250 coins is like saying they’re not playing with a full deck.

Maybe breaking it up? One photo featuring each of the numbers 2, 5, and 0, whether it be the actual number, or that number of objects.

I like that idea. +1

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Just a note that I’ve added themes to the hopper.

Also, the threshold for themes being added is 7 votes (theme suggester doesn’t count 😉 ). We have several themes at the 6 vote level, so if you want to see them included, comment on those threads. I only count comments as a vote if they specifically say “+1”, “I like this”, “I’m in”, “Let’s do this” or something similar. If the comments are just conversation in the thread, they don’t count toward the vote total.

ravnostic
    Participant

Yeay! One of mine is in the hopper! My Theme cherry will someday soon be *popped*!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Repopulated the hopper and the theme schedule…

Kestrana
    Participant

Thanks Elsinore!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 217 total)
  • The topic ‘The Hopper: Themes to be Scheduled’ is closed to new replies.